April 23, 2013 / lynnettedobberpuhl

Goodbye, Winter…

This winter has been like a crazy houseguest that doesn’t know when it is time to leave, and, just when you think you will have to murder her, she makes a grand gesture and departs. You don’t miss her, but you remember why you liked her in the first place.

(Photos taken this morning.)

P1010493 resized

P1010480 resized

P1010470 resized

1. sillyliss / Apr 23 2013 10:58 am

Bon voyage, winter. Go bother Australia for a while. (I’ve been reading Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day a lot.)

• lynnettedobberpuhl / Apr 23 2013 11:07 am

Yes, Australia is the perfect destination for winter…and maybe she can take all our Very Bad Days with her while she’s at it. At least for awhile.

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 10:58 AM, wordtabulous

2. Carrie Rubin / Apr 23 2013 11:05 am

Whenever I start complaining about our Ohio weather, I remind myself how bad those of you in Minnesota and the Dakotas have had it this year!

• lynnettedobberpuhl / Apr 23 2013 11:12 am

I try to be philosophical about it. After all, no one moves to Minnesota thinking we have short winters, but this one has everyone but the most avid skiers and snowshoers (and of course the people making money off the plowing) shaking their heads. Summer vacation starts in six weeks!

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 11:05 AM, wordtabulous

3. kvalleryy / Apr 23 2013 1:46 pm

I’m thinking I hope I am never one of those “houseguests”! No, really, I mentioned this morning how beautiful it was–and all but one had the bah, humbug attitude. The one ran out and started taking pictures!!!

4. lizsturm / Apr 24 2013 12:55 pm

I’m glad/sad that somewhere else is also having a very wintery spring. I’ve never been so happy to see dead grass.

Beautiful pictures

• lynnettedobberpuhl / Apr 24 2013 4:29 pm

lol! Good to hear from you Liz! The long wait for spring will soon be over here, I hope your winter woes are behind you soon. Thanks for the kind words!

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM, wordtabulous

5. lizsturm / Apr 24 2013 12:57 pm

Oops…can’t type.

Beautiful pictures! Love what you’ve done around here. Sorry I’ve been too busy to drop by, but you’re still in my thoughts.

Cheers!